Shutting off Safari iCloud sync really made a difference

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dictoresno, Dec 23, 2012.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I usually leave work (12 hour shift) with around 13.5 hours of standby and 3-5 hours of use. All I did was turn off my safari iCloud sync after reading some posts saying it would increase battery life and in 24 hours, what a difference it seems to make so far. I was able to squeeze an extra 3 hours of standby per same amount of use and at the same battery level. These were taken on two different days, after work and when I finally got home. The safari data was the only thing different between the two.

Attached Files:

2. Freebee macrumors newbie

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

this was with mostly imessaging, some emails, facebook, twitter, words with friends and minor browsing and maybe one 20 second phone call. there was no youtube, music or anything really intensive going on. as you can see, the phone mostly sat idle, connected to wifi the whole time. i have very consistent usages from day to day so i didnt do anything drastic and there are never really any differences from day to day. the second pic was taken off the charger at 4pm and i worked all night and got home at 7am. most messaging subsided by midnight with a few plays of words with friends till 1am. thats it. im not going to charge at all today and see what i can get it to after tonight.