shutting off

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WarBourne, Apr 7, 2009.

1. WarBourne macrumors newbie

whats the correct way to turn off your ipod touch like if ur setting it down for the night???? whats the difference between the sleep mode and power off???? i think this question was probably asked before on these forums

2. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

I never switch off my iPod Touch (except when it runs out of battery). While the iPod is sleeping, it only consumes a negligible (nearly nothing) amount of the battery. Actually, turning off and turning the iPod back on, takes much more battery than the iPod being asleep and turning it back on as the boot up sequence uses a lot of resources.

The main difference between sleep mode and turning off is that sleep mode "suspends" the iPod and applications running on the iPod, while turning off is... well self-explanatory... the iPod shuts down completely.

Hope this post answered all your questions and you now know that putting your iPod to sleep is better than turning it off. Try it yourself! Enjoy! :apple:

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I just put mine to sleep when I go to bed. I rarely turn it off unless I'm not going to be using it for long periods of time.

4. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

I had the tethered Jailbreak for a while and couldnt turn mine off. So glad they released the untethered, its a shame that NitroKey had to eff it up and forced them to release it.

5. AdrianoCardillo macrumors newbie

So helpful!!

Wow, I never knew this before. I am so intrigued! This was really helpful. I will definitely be taking this advice. Thank you

6. kh14 macrumors member

i definitely dont recommend turning your ipod completely off but since its at night i would see why you want to