ShuttlePRO V2 Jog/Shuttle Controller

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SystemZERO, Dec 7, 2007.

1. SystemZERO macrumors newbie

SystemZERO

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Contour's ShuttlePRO, or if you have something similar, what is it and how do you like/use it. The ShuttlePRO is an input device that has a jog wheel and shortcut buttons designed for more efficient video editing. Would you use it, or are you just fine with a keyboard and mouse? I noticed a lot of people seem to have that Griffin Powermate knob thingamajig, and the Shuttle seems to be a more professional product. Anyway, pros and cons of such devices would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/

2. Tom J macrumors regular

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious if anyone has developed a shuttle controller that is similar to what the old Sony BVU's had.

As an old-time analog linear editor, I always found the push-push shuttle/jog mechanical function to be intuitive and easy to use. Now that I'm getting back into NLE, I'm wondering if there is something similar available.

3. mintlivedotcom macrumors regular

I totally love using my Contour Shuttle (original, bought off eBay). I use it mainly for iMovie editing, but it's also a dedicated volume controller for everything on my Mac.

I would highly recommend one of these to anyone who even dabbles with iMovie. It comes with paper inserts that are printed with common commands, so you can customize how each button looks, too.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

5. Tom J macrumors regular

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The ShuttleXpress is cheaper, and works ok. Some of our video editors at work use the Pro, and it's alright. Saves time if you know how to use it, especially if you configure it right. I don't bother on my home system because I don't think it's worth the price.