Shy Bladder disorder

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Dec 31, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hey guys, what is this? I was at a party and a rumor started that this one dude had this and I didn't know what it was.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

3. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

According to Wikipedia:

"Paruresis (pronounced /pærjəˈriːsɪs/), also known as pee shyness, shy kidney, bashful bladder, stage fright, urophobia, shy cock or shy bladder syndrome, is a type of phobia in which the sufferer is unable to urinate in the (real or imaginary) presence of others, such as in a public restroom. It can affect both males and females. The analogous condition that affects bowel movement is called parcopresis."

So that basically means that the guy in question is rumored to not be able to urinate while knowing that there are people around, unless it's some sort of slang I'm not familiar with. :p

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Parauresis is the inability to urinate in the presence of others.

Most people with this disfunction just go into a cubicle to 'do their business'.

5. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I wouldn't say I have either condition/phobia but I do find it a bit uncomfortable taking a **** while there are people just outside the door or very close by. They can hear me, I can hear them. They may also be doing the same business. :D Also, talking to someone while you're pushing out a... yeah... that's weird. :p

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I have that. I can't pee at the urinal when someone is at the urinal next to me. I just pee in the stall.

/shrug

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09