sibelius keypad problem/ Mac Number lock functio

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zoda, Dec 30, 2007.

1. zoda macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, just got a macbook pro for Christmas which I hope will be less sluggish than my PC had become.

One slight problem wih Sibelius though - on my PC when you pressed "number lock", you could still enter note names ABCDEFG by pressing the appropriate key. Mac number lock seems to switch those keys off totally.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the setting so that I can use the Sibelius Keypad at the same time as entering note names?

Many thanks,

David

2. Gershwin88 macrumors newbie

Mac & Sibelius

I'm confused. Are you referring to the Sibelius Keypad itself or the act of entering notes or both?

My Mac lets me enter notes simply by pressing A-G. You shouldn't have number lock on or anything. Now, if you are wondering about how to insert different note values, rests, etc. using the Sibelius keypad, this is another issue, one which puzzles me as well.

If you want to use the Sibelius keypad without meticulously using your mouse or fingerpad, I suggest purchasing an external keypad. Sibelius' website gives you more info on that.

Hope this helps,
    -Pierson