Siblelius/midi and garageband - pleas help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miriammcdonnell, Mar 9, 2010.

1. miriammcdonnell macrumors newbie

Help please - I am going crazy.

Have MacBook Pro, running on OSx and on 10.4.8. Using Sibelius 3. I am the only music teacher in my school so do not have the luxury of an accompaninist. I thought all my problems were solved when I discovered the wonderful real sounding steinway piano in garageband. So I input my piano score note for note into sibelius, then save it as a midi. Before I do it I input all my tempo edits such as rits, pauses and accelerandos and so on. I then drag my new midi into garageband and yes it plays beautifully only problem is it doesn't play any of my tempo instructions. Yes I have checked that they're playing back correctly in sibelius before I saved as midi. Pleas help me as I have practical exams for my students coming up very quickly and it is causing me severe stress!! thank you

2. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

Garageband cannot play MIDI files at varying tempos. However, there is a workaround. If you connect MIDI OUT to MIDI IN on your computer, you can then play back the file with Sibelius and record it with Garageband. This way, Garageband will play it back exactly as it was input (in spite of the tempo setting for Garageband).