sick idiot smashes Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jdm111, Feb 6, 2010.

1. jdm111 macrumors regular

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

its his machine...

but really, what an idoit by the mere fact hes hitting a metal box with a plastic keyboard....

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Smashing things on the internet isn't anything new...

5. jdm111 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah but surely it couldnt survive that water?

6. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

"Smashes" is hardly the right word. But the water bit was just horrible. Cringe worth
    until the very end, ahaha

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If any of you fast forwarded to the end, you would have seen the text saying it is an old G5 and not a MacPro.

But still, even a dead one shouldn't be treated like this, and it wasn't even a proper smashing. I did more horrible things to my keyboard with much more power behind it (the smashing power, not the keyboard's), but I was using Windows then.

8. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Yeah.. maybe he gutted it first.. who knows really :cool:

9. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I could tell from looking at the machine that it was a Mac Pro. Not cool though.

10. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Lame.

Hits it with what looks like a giant metal pipe, and barely manages to scratch it. Not one single dent in any metal plate. Didn't even manage to bend the handles.

Only manages to dent the grille part, and lightly scratch it with some scissors.

Pours a bit of water on what looks like an empty chassis with an old dual DVI card in it.

Tip: putting a metal plate flat on the floor then hitting it lightly like you're tamping down some flowers isn't gonna do anything except annoy it slightly.

Lighting and framing quite good for an amateur video. Probably edited on a mac ....

11. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

I don't see a point in being mad, the video from the person later admitted it was a G5 Tower. If you want to inflict damage on an G5 PowerMac/MacPro, you hit it with a hammer/sledgehammer not a plastic keyboard.
    PowerPC is dead, that reminds me when I retire my old G4 Alu PowerBooks I'll use one for target practice at a firing range... :D

12. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Relax, id bet that he gutted any working parts and all that was in that case was the mother board and some fans. Ever felt one of those things? They are HEAVY, a slap with a keyboard would not have been enough to knock it over.

13. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Not really. A theatre charity I work for is looking for an old Mac to use as a fileserver / light database host. We'd be very happy bunnies indeed if someone gave us a G5 PM.

Someone on MR has promised us a G4 Quicksilver PowerMac, which should do the job fine, but hasn't delivered on it yet though.

It's either that or buy an old intel macbook or mac mini. Someone offered to sell us a cheap iBook, but frankly their working life is at an end. We've had 3 iBooks die on us in the last couple of years, but a PowerMac should keep chugging on a few more years.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The chasis was empty, no way that dvi card would just pop out from a stab with scissors.

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

16. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

blend possibilites

Still a waste. I seem to remember fish tanks, clocks and lamps being made with G5 cases. I'd use it as an external petrol tank for a motor boat; at least the handles would be useful.

17. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Damnit! I was just about to post that!

18. jdm111 thread starter macrumors regular