Sick of Safari reloading pages

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hustler1337, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi guys,

Anyone else been having problems with Safari? For me, it would frequently reload a page, with the message: "A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded".

It gets kind of annoying when you're in the middle of browsing. At first, I thought it was down to the meagre 1GB RAM on the iPhone, but it seems that this might be something to do with iOS 8 itself.

Been having this problem since iOS 8.0 and now running 8.1. Apple have still not fixed this issue!

This, combined with Safari tabs frequently reloading when going back to a tab makes Safari on iOS 8 the worst browsing experience I have ever had on the iPhone.

Anyone else getting the same experience or is it just me?

[​IMG]

Running iOS 8.1 on iPhone 6 Plus

2. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Welcome to desperate iPad Air owners club. Facing reloads from iOS 7 and talking about iOS 8.1 one more annoying issue appeared- Safari freeze...

3. X-X macrumors 6502

It's a RAM error.

The 6 Plus has to constantly scale a 3x resolution to about 2.45x down.

1GB is just not enough.

4. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hmm, that's a possibility. Never thought about that. Since posting, I've had this incident occur again twice already.

I'm starting to despise using Safari the more I use it.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

6. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

The Atomic browser isn't optimised for the iPhone 6 / 6 Plus and was last updated just over 2 years ago. I'm using Google Chrome anyways and think it's an excellent browser.

7. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Nope.
    I'm having this issue on certain sites constantly on my iPad Air 2. So apparently an extra core and gig of RAM doesn't help the issue. Never had this issue before iOS 8, and certainly didnt have constant browser crashes (which some claim this is replacing).

8. ParagJain macrumors 6502

If it was a RAM issue, how is that chrome is still able to keep the websites when I switch between tabs. I usually work with 2-3 tabs only on my phone..but, somehow chrome seems to be more faster than safari.

dunno why and how, i think every browser is required to use the same webkit or similar tools (not sure whats it called) as safari.

9. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

10. twintin macrumors 6502

I get this too and this is not the only issue.

Not on my MAC as far as I can tell.

11. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

It will keep all the websites loaded, but Chrome will purge all previously loaded apps from memory. Whatever programs you opened will reload when you open them..

12. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Yeah, well it hasn't happened to me on my Mac, since the latest Yosemite software version. However, on previous versions of Yosemite I had the exact same error messages

13. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Never had this issue on the Mac. I'm pretty sure this problem is to do with Safari rather than RAM. Never had this issue on past iPhones which also had 1GB of RAM.

14. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Never had that problem on iOS 8 or 8.1... saw it a few times on Youtube for both desktop and mobile safari but those were resolved.

15. Act3, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

Act3 macrumors 65816

So it's piss poor programming and not hardware related? Maybe apple needs to hire some programmers from Mozilla to get the job done. I don't think I've paid a cent to Mozilla but them and the folks at google can sure can make a fast browser. At this point id even settle with a internet explorer offering on ios if it worked.

16. rhino89 macrumors regular

Are you saying this problem persists on an iPad air 2?? Or did you mean you also continue to see it on an iPhone 6 plus?

17. Donnation macrumors newbie

This happens on OSX as well. Its not a memory issue, it has to do with something being screwed up in Safari. It happens on certain sites with my iMac with 16GB of RAM as well.

18. cynics macrumors G4

Never had this issue in any version of OS X and Safari is the only browser I use. I can't speak for betas because I never used them.

19. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

For me as well. Any of the mobile nation websites like Imore or Windows Phone Central don't play well with Safari at all. That all websites don't have an issue, is this a Safari problem or bad website software? Another related issue on 8.1 is a blank page until I touch the screen in Safari.

20. twintin macrumors 6502

Have been pooking around at these suites you mentioned and could not se any web reloads on my MAC with just 8 GB. Maybe a bad install in your case ?

Same on my iOS devices.

21. Donnation macrumors newbie

Yes that is exactly where I see the issue in OSX. I guess its a website problem as I don't see it anywhere else.

----------

Go to Crackberry.com and click on some of the stories on the main page and you will see it. Click on the one with the interview with John Chen and it will happen.

22. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

iOS 8 has to be the worst release of iOS updates ever. So buggy. Iphone 6 lags at times. And ipad 3 on safari is near enough unusable in comparison to what I am use to with ios7.

23. UTS macrumors member

UTS

24. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well issue compounded worse when using latest jailbreak. It will attempt to reload several times before finally erroring out. But I think it's a memory leak with Safari. I can surf fine provided I kill any processor intensive task in the background. Why Safari can't free up the memory by itself, who knows.