Sick of the buzzing noise!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaredelguay, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jaredelguay macrumors newbie

jaredelguay

So my uBMBP mid 2009 has been making a faint buzzing noise in the left most corner of the base. I've only had it for about a month now, but whenever it's quiet, I can hear it. It sounds like the buzzing of an electrical current. It goes away when I unplug it from the adapter.

So I decided to take it in for a check-up to see if there was maybe an issue. They had it for a few days and when I went to pick it up they said "we couldn't reproduce the issue." Are you kidding me? It's even louder now! I can hear it just sitting here, not even with my ear up to the computer.

I think I'm going to take it back in, again, and insist upon showing them myself. You have to be deaf not to hear it, and it's driving me insane! I'm still way under warranty, so I'm hoping for an actual fix!

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have the same exact problem! Except for the fact that my buzzing goes away after the computer has warmed up and the fans rev up. Due to the correlation to the fan speed, I am inclined to believe that the noise is because of the ball bearings inside the computer. I went to the Apple Store, and they did confirm my suspicion about the fans. They, apparently, don't want to deal with this, so they told me to come back after the noise gets louder. They said it like the noise WILL get louder. Well, it has gotten marginally louder, and this is the only problem with my computer, other than the fact that my screen doesn't match up perfectly with the body of the computer. It has a slight bend to the left, so the screen sort of hangs off on the left and has a small portion of the computer body showing in the right.