Sick of this iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cashsimpson, Feb 5, 2008.

1. cashsimpson macrumors member

cashsimpson

i dont know if its this latest update or what but my iphone is crap now. it'll do everything from go to the home page in the middle of internet surfing or writing a text or it will just turn off where i have found out i have to hold the home button and the power button for it to come back on. Today it told me i didnt have a sim card in it!!! WTF! my friend said i should go to settings and reset my network settings so i did that....now i cant use the internet cuz it wont pick up EDGE. what the hell is wrong with this thing?

2. cashsimpson thread starter macrumors member

cashsimpson

as an update, i restored the phone and still nothing...i tried apple online supports idea of switching to airplane mode for like 30 seconds or so and then switching back and still nothing...losing faith in apple and i didnt have much to begin with. :(

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Have you taken it to Apple so they can look at it? Is your phone jailbroken?

4. cashsimpson thread starter macrumors member

cashsimpson

nah i have to set up an appt apparently cuz you know fresno is so big and all...lol...not jailbroken.. i just dl the updates when they come out.

5. dvd macrumors regular

dvd

When I first got my iPhone I got a couple of those messages saying there was no SIM card installed. I popped the sim card out and back in again and the error never returned. Give that a try.

6. cashsimpson thread starter macrumors member

cashsimpson

sim card thing isnt the real problem now...its the net. it just wont work. tried everything...oh well im goin to the apple store tomorrow so i'll try to post an update for ya and let ya know what they came up with.

7. dvd macrumors regular

dvd

Sorry, I should have mentioned, my occasional EDGE flakiness went away with the reseat as well.

Hope they can get you fixed up at the store!

8. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

The internet services like edge never report downtime and it is very likely that your cell towers are being maintenanced for EDGE support.

Its also likely that EDGE support has been removed from your cell towers temporarily in favor of siwtching to GPRS support, If that is correct then I recomend selling your iPhone and just getting a Touch. As a long term mobile internet user i have to say going from edge to GPRS is not an option i would rather Swallow Razor wire pull the end out of my but and FLOSS MY SELF TO DEATH.

Third posibility, Your mobile service messed up your contract and you no longer have mobile internet support.

9. ewxlt macrumors regular