General Side by Side iOS 7 JB vs iOS 8

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ppdix, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ppdix macrumors 6502a

ppdix

Here is a side by side comparison of how much iOS sucks compared to iOS 7 jailbroken.

http://www.clicstudio.com/ios7jbvsios8.html

I've been using Macs since 1986 and iPhones since 2007. I love the Mac and it has helped me become a Professional in may fields for almost 30 years.
    I am a huge Apple fan and will always be but...
    I am disgusted by the lack of innovation on the new iOS 8.
    Not only it looks and feels as iOS 7, but it is still missing so many opportunities to make it the best OS in the market.
    Unfortunately, it is not. The Jailbreak community has no fear of releasing useful and amazing software to make the iPhone the best smart phone in the world.
    Apple should have paid attention this past year and "borrow" the technologies that have been used on jailbreak and add them to iOS 8.
    These underground programmers who deliver incredible tweaks for the iPhone should be hired by Apple or have their technologies acquired.

That's my opinion, as a jailbroken iPhone user for years.

Next week, I am getting an iPhone 6+ and I will be stuck with iOS 8. So, without delaying the inevitable, I "upgraded" to iOS 8 last week and was shocked by how bad it is. I felt I was going back in time a few years.
    I don't know what Apple is doing but this is one of the reasons Android is taking over the world. They are not afraid.
    Most of the New stuff on iOS 8 has been done before. Predictive and swiping keyboards, sending voice messages via text and many more.
    Nothing is really unique.
    Remember back in 2008, we had to wait a full year for Copy and Paste. It was ridiculous and so is this "upgrade"

I can't wait for iOS 8 to be jailbroken so I can be more productive and make my iPhone 6+ a smarter phone.
    These are some of the tweaks I had on my iPhone 5s and why I miss them so much!
    Enjoy!

Patrick

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I had to recently give up iOS 6.1 and a jailbreak setup that I truly liked because of a swelling battery.

In return I got a new iPhone 5 with an iOS I hate (7.1.2) and a jailbreak of that is the only thing keeping me sane.

I hate my carrier (Sprint) which has provided me with nothing but slow data speeds for the entire time I have owned this phone and I hate the OS my phone is stuck on. If it weren't for the fact that I LIKE the iPhone 5 I'd probably be done with the whole thing already.

I am seriously considering a move to Windows Mobile next year when we finally get off this carrier and switch to T-Mobile. The possibility of that will become greater based on the difficulty I encounter in finding two T-Mobile iPhone 5's in the capacity and color I want running iOS 6. I do not want the 5s or a new iPhone 6/6+.

I like the fact that Cortana, as a character from Halo and using Jen Taylor's voice, is part of Windows Mobile. If Apple cannot get their crap together I may just end up chalking up the last two years as my one experience with the iPhone.

I truly hope Apple turns itself around in this regard, but IDK. I came to iPhone from HTC running Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro. So, it's no big deal for me to walk away if Apple can't or won't change.

3. ppdix thread starter macrumors 6502a

ppdix

Don't give up! Anything is better than Windoze or Android...
    iOS 7 was a kids version of an old and proven iOS with a 5 year maturity, but jailbreak makes any iOS better. I, for one, can't wait for my upcoming 6+ with iOS 8 which, hopefully, won't take too long to be jailbroken.
    Cheers!

4. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

All of those tweaks are incredibly ugly. If you want a cluttered mess like that just buy an android.

5. deviant macrumors 65816

LOL if that's yo vision of a perfect iOS I'm sure glad you're not working for Apple.

6. ppdix thread starter macrumors 6502a

ppdix

Great advice, coming from someone who owns two "ugly and cluttered" Android based devices. :rolleyes:

----------

Some of us use the phone for business and for quick communication.
    Keeping up with appointments, business emails and text messages at a glance is much better than wasting time clicking thru 4 different apps to get the same info.
    The phone was a lot more productive like that.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I give you 2-3 weeks with windows mobile and then you'd be dying to go back to ios:D

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! I hear you.

I'm venting my frustration. I probably won't do that, but I will say that I did 3.5 years on an HTC Touch Pro running WinMo 6.1 Pro. And I loved that phone too. It was a nice phone and highly customized to my taste.

Attached Files:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You gotta do something about that carrier bro#
    You got some amazing patience levels for sticking with sprint for that long.

10. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I'm with OP on this one, Delay sending is super awesome, how many times have i typed a message and autocorrect messes it up then to read it back and see that i sound like someone thats under the influence of Meth.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL, yeah, I am going to.Tax refund next year means T-Mobile.

Really though, I only waited two years. 3G was fine until I got my iPhone 5. And we've only had a data plan since Christmas 2008. Still, I'm tired of this and I'm getting out.

12. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Well thought out and provocative thread. Thanks for taking the time.
    I'd only add a slight cosmetic change to your setup:
    One, bars in Cydia. Replace your cellular dots with bars found in iOS6 and before.
    Two, Sixbar. Brings back a darker status bar.
    Otherwise, excellent features and a reminder as to why I am grateful not to have updated to 8.0

13. normanfox macrumors 6502a

damn, I had that phone long ago. I used to think that was the best. looking back, what a piece of junk. wasting my time tweaking, flashing rom. I realized that I was just a beta tester.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It was a good phone for me. I had none of the issues that were encountered by everyone else.

All of my modifications were done using CAB files with no flashing involved. By the time I sent the phone on to someone else (mid 2013) I had a TP that was running Sense 2.1 w/Weather, Facebook/Youtube uploading capability (from the camera) a call blocking app, Opera as my browser and a tethering app as well as a few music streaming apps.

For a 2009 phone I managed to get it to do pretty much everything I wanted it to do.

15. normanfox macrumors 6502a

I also had that Touch Pro with slide out keyboard. again, I was excited to have it at first but it was the last Window phone I would ever get. it was laaagggy and buggy.

actually I am done with HTC and their Sense skin crap.

16. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Went to the apple store yesterday to have a look at the iPhone because I'm not a fan of big phones so wasn't sure if I'd be getting it.

I do quite like the phone. But just playing with it in the store for twenty minutes reminded me of just how much I dislike iPhones when they're not jailbroken.

So I won't even contemplate upgrading until their is a jailbreak available.

Surely it wouldn't be hard for apple to just give the user some control. Why can't I have the time AND date in the status bar? Why do I have to have names under icons? I know what the app is. I downloaded it and don't need to be told. Why can't I out folder in folders? Why can't I delete the stocks apps that I will never use? IE stocks, clock, compass etc? And since I can't delete them why can't I just hide the icons so they don't take up space on my home screen. Or at least put them in a folder and the. Put that folder in another fonder so I don't have to see it.
    Why can't I use a theme so my phone doesn't look like a three year old created it with crayola?
    Why can't I 'select all' in the email app and delete a load of emails at once, why do I have to tap each individual email?

I can do all of the above with a jailbreak. And playing with a un jailbroken iPhone for twenty minutes made me realise that right now, I'm not spending £540 on a phone that I won't like as much as the one I already have (jailbroken 5).