Sidebar items disappearing

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Mick the Mac, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Mick the Mac macrumors newbie

Anyone any suggestions because this is sodding annoying.

Right it's only started since I went to Mavericks - I had no problems at all before.

Some of the folders are on shared drives but some are local. Sometimes it's one or two, sometimes it's the majority and get this sometimes the order gets shuffled around. Also when viewed from within an application say Quark or Illustrator the order is different to finder level. I always use column view by the way.

Have time-machined finder sidebar playlists and also created new ones and have repaired permissions, etc but nothing seems to sort this out.

Shared drives are smb but never had a problem before.

In case it's connected - I've got Acrobat Watched folders on my desktop and have the default path from Quark to distil in here but since the Mavericks switch the path keeps defaulting to the desktop. This is also the case when in Quark or Illustrator and I'm opening/importing logos from our library - my path settings should be last folder used but it keeps defaulting to the desktop and I'm finding myself clicking back through about seven levels of hell to get back to the library folder. (System administrator at my place insists on creating folders within folders until what you need to find is in the depths of Mordor).

Finder problem? Anyone any quick fixes coz I'm Columbine massacre material at the moment.

2. sergiobaschi macrumors regular

I'm having the exactly same issue. It's extremely annoying. I'm running Mavericks on two computers, and the issue is only on one of them. I've tried to delete the plist-file as well as replace a malfunctioning one with one that should do allright, but nothing works.

Any assistance on the matter would be highly appreciated.

3. sergiobaschi macrumors regular

To whom it may concern;

I couldn't solve this issue, but had to create a new user account in which the sidebar items work flawlessly.