Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ndriver182

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
I have a 3rd generation 12.9" iPad Pro and I periodically use it with Sidecar on my new Mac Mini (apple silicon). The iPad has a 120hz refresh capability, but in Mac OS 11.1 display preferences, there is no way to view/change the refresh rate for the iPad when using Sidecar.

Does anyone know what the refresh is normally set to? I'm assuming it's a fixed value determined by Sidecar. I should also mention I'm connecting the iPad directly via a USB 3.0 port on the Mac directly and not using a thunderbolt port.

My primary monitor is a 144hz display so it's nice to have the silky smooth response. It would be great if the iPad could also do it with Sidecar.

Thanks!

ndriver182

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
The iPad will not be able to take full advantage of that because it only has a 120Hz display.
Sorry for the confusion. I understand the iPad cannot do 144hz, but 120hz would look substantially better than 60hz, for example. I was only trying to say an "experience" similar to 144hz via Sidecar would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.