sidechaining in cubase 4

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by djsound, Apr 10, 2007.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

does anyone know of a program to sidechain in cubase 4 ..im using an intel imac.......i used to use db dynamics and loved it but it does not work with mac. thanks

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i don't understand your question. could you talk more about what you mean by sidechaining and explain what db dynamics does?

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ah, so you're asking for a compressor plug that has a sidechain option. is that right?

5. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

basically yes hehe..id like one similar to db because it is quick and simple...

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

well, now i'm going to feel like a bit of an ass, because i use RTAS plugs and don't know what's available for VST. (i was trying to understand what you were asking for, is all).

but, maybe you can find some love with PSP plugs, most (all?) of their stuff is offered as VST. it's the MasterComp that i think will have what you want. doesn't really satisfy your requirement for simplicity, though.

maybe someone who uses VST can pop in and point you in the right direction.

7. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

i thought all macs used AU not VST...logic uses AU.......i thinki ll try the sonalksis plugins..thanks for the help so far

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's the DAW programmers (or marketing, who knows :) who choose the plug-in format.

PTLE uses RTAS, DP uses MAS (but opened up to use others), and Steinberg invented VST and that format really caught on. then apple made AU, and vendors are adopting it at varying paces.

when programming a plug-in to a format, programmers still have to contend with the OS, so you'll see VST plugs that work only on windows, for example. or AU plugs that work w/ ppc but not intel.

9. klab606 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    take a look to Sonalksis plugins. They support sidechaining in cubase using a quadro group. There is a video, in Italian, were a guy show how to do the trick :) go to www.cubasenet.it

www.sonalksis.com for the plugins demo download