Sierra 10.12.1 release date

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by dogslobber, Sep 19, 2016.

  1. dogslobber macrumors 68020

    dogslobber

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2014
    Location:
    Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
    #1
    Looks like it's tracking for around the same time as the October event. Just a heads up.
     
  2. v1597psh macrumors regular

    v1597psh

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2014
    Location:
    London
    #2
    So then what? Who cares when it comes out? Sierra hasn't even hit the public and you're already talking about the next update. Another pointless thread.
     
  3. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68020

    dogslobber

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2014
    Location:
    Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
    #3
    No. A lot of us wouldn't upgrade to the .0 release so need to know when .1 is tracking to. Now we know.
     
  4. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2010
    #4
    What October event?
     
  5. applesith macrumors 68030

    applesith

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2007
    Location:
    Manhattan
    #5
    Where is this tracking?
    When is the October event?
     
  6. grahamperrin macrumors 601

    grahamperrin

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #6
    Then please, ignore this topic, and bear in mind that some people do have an interest. I'm not interested for myself but I do read a few posts that will probably relate to this topic.
     
  7. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

    m4v3r1ck

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2011
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    #7
    I'll be test driving MacOS 10.12.0 Public Release from tomorrow on, but will convert it to my main workflow drive when .1 or even .2 hits the pavement!

    Good luck to all new installs tomorrow. And don't forget TO MAKE a BACKUP!!! ;)

    Cheers
     
  8. bbfc macrumors 68030

    bbfc

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2011
    Location:
    Newcastle, England.
    #8
    Actually, the latest GM release is incredibly stable. Even on my old MacBook Pro.
     
  9. BurgDog macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2012
    #9
    .1 is when I plan on upgrading my main system as well so it is good to get an estimate of when it may come out. If some hardware is announced in October it makes sense that there will be an update to at least support the new hardware. If that is all that is in the update I'll probably wait for the .2 update likely towards December.

    Even if the release candidates (called GM by Apple) are perceived as stable now, and I am running the latest on my test system, I still see problems that have not been fixed. Wide release will have a much larger testing intensity then even public beta will give and bugs are found based on how hard things are tested in various ways.
     
  10. Luap macrumors 65816

    Luap

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    #10
    Guessing isn't the same as knowing.
     
  11. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #11
    Seems kind of pointless to guess at a .1 rollout on a product that is not even out officially yet (unless I missed something).

    If you don't want to upgrade to the 10.12.0 version, then just wait. I think saying it will be out October may be like trying to nail jello to a tree
     
  12. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68020

    dogslobber

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2014
    Location:
    Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
    #12
    Correct. Then again, this is a Mac rumors site.
     
  13. grahamperrin macrumors 601

    grahamperrin

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #13
    https://macoun.de/ Apple-oriented and reportedly the largest annual event of its type of in Europe, but that begins at the start of October so no gerüchte about an update to the OS appearing around that time.

    Report: Apple could release new Macs in October | Macworld (2016-08-29) and so on. If that will happen, then it's reasonable to expect corresponding improvements to the OS, but those changes could be in a superior BuildVersion without a superior ProductVersion.
     
  14. garirry macrumors 68000

    garirry

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2013
    Location:
    Canada is my city
    #14
    Uh, just check the history of other OS X releases and estimate from there...
    El Capitan was released on 09-30, the update was released on 10-21.
    Yosemite was released on 10-16, the update was released on 11-17.
    Mavericks was released on 10-22, the update was released on 12-16.

    The pattern is that it usually releases one month after the release, a little less every release. So I estimate that 10.12.1 will release between the 5th and 15th of October.
     
  15. Closingracer macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2010
    #15

    Lol fishing now I see :p
     
  16. Trebuin macrumors 65816

    Trebuin

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2008
    Location:
    Okinawa, Japan
    #16
    I can't wait guys 10.13.6, will finally take care of the bugs that will be introduced in 10.13.5. Just right around the corner.
     
  17. grahamperrin macrumors 601

    grahamperrin

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #17
    @dogslobber please, let's avoid repetition (your other topic about 10.12.1); you can edit the title of this topic to say 'beta and release dates'
     
  18. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

    OverSpun

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location:
    California
    #18
    Yep, I'm also waiting for .1 since El Crapitan was the worst launch.
     
  19. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68020

    dogslobber

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2014
    Location:
    Apple Campus, Cupertino CA

Share This Page