Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I think it was back in Mavericks where I initially had the problem with dual monitors. Screens would often not come on its two displays were plug in at boot. Couldn't wake up from sleep frequently if dual displays. It was finally patched and fixed. Running nMPro with dual Dell 2715q.

Having the exact same problem now with Sierra. I've done the NVRAM and SMC resets. In addition, UI scaling is no longer an option. I got it working once, then can't get it back. Without UI scaling, i get lots of artifacts and media files won't play with either QuickTime or VLC. After a re-install, a clean install, countless reboots and SMC/NVRAM resets, i've given up and rolled back to ElCapitan.

Its running flawless on my retina MacBook Pro '13.

Last time i'm leaping to a new OS release. I had no problems with Yosemite and ElCapitan. But I think Apple just not putting enough effort into their MacPro.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have also seen some issues with dual displays on a Mac Mini, at boot or on restart one display might not wake properly. I leave my Mac set to "Never" for both Computer Sleep & Display Sleep in Energy Saver, so once it's up and running it's not an issue for me. But if you use sleep I can see how it would be a PITA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.