Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Possibly in the wrong forum, so please feel free to move, but I feel this may be a Sierra issue, as I have not had it with any of the earlier OS's.

I have a logitech harmony one programmed to control all my devices (TV/Sound-System/Apple TV4/Xbox). I have recently tried to sync it and update the commands etc, but whilst the computer will charge it, when connected - it doesn't see it, so cant/won't sync. I have tried all the ports etc, but no difference.

Any thoughts please?
Any solutions?

Thanks

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
You need software on the Mac to program to remote. The software you need depends on exactly which model remote you have because the software Harmony uses has changed over the years. I would go to the Harmony website and get support for your remote model and download what software they have for it.

How did you program the current setup into the remote?

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
I have the software already hence I am trying to sync, but it just does nothing when I click the blue sync button.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have the software already hence I am trying to sync, but it just does nothing when I click the blue sync button.
Download it and install it again. The Sierra install may have removed one of the drivers it needs.

I use the app on Sierra and it works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.