Sierra Headaches

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chattahoochee, Oct 17, 2016.

1. chattahoochee macrumors 6502

After I upgraded to OS Sierra, 10.12 I have had problems with some of my programs.
    1st I had to upgrade Concept Draw Pro to version 10. Now I can't get my Scanner to operate. I have been in contact with Epson and they have tried hard no luck, My other Mac with El Capitan can work the scanner.
    Now I have to contact Apple regarding this issue. Now I wonder what else will fail to operate.

2. c0ppo macrumors 6502a

c0ppo

Do you have TM backup in place?
    If so, restore and wait for updates to your apps.

Don't have it? Why? Why even upgrade without backup?

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

what else has failed so far? :rolleyes: and have you tried reinstalling the epson software?

if you upgrade your OS, you have to either: check in advance about your apps, printer, etc... or sort it out after. this will be true every year there's a new OS version, if you choose to upgrade. that is how it works....

4. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

I have to agree with Fisherking: Don't upgrade your OS until checking compatibility with your existing hardware/software. Consider this a lesson learned... For what it's worth scanner software, along with other hardware drivers/software tend to be top of the list for bugs in .0 releases... If you have a backup perhaps restoring is an option? If not you can still do a fresh install by downloading El cap and creating a usb install stick. Alternatively, you can wait and hope for an update, plug your scanner into the other machine, or buy a new scanner.