Sierra Mail unusable: accounts disconnected all the time

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Racineur, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Racineur macrumors regular

Racineur

Hello to all. I think I'm not the only one that cannot use Mail since the upgrade to Sierra. I've googled Mail problems and this one comes on top: IMAP smtp account cannot connect. Mail asks for username and password and how many times I do it, smtp account is still disconnected. I found some useful information on different sites and followed the instructions but nothing resolved the problem. As for now, I only can receive emails. I cannot send. Only my iCloud account works. I really need help and solutions otherwise I'll have to revert back to El Capitan to my big disappointment.

2. Racineur thread starter macrumors regular

Racineur

Hello again. I tried something and I think I'm beginning to catch something here but I can't go further without help. I logged as a guest and of course, Mail had no account so I created my usual account and bingo I could send and receive emails. But now what? Does it mean I have to erase the admin account and create another one? Can it only be done? From here, where do I go? I really don't know. Does this mean my admin account is buggy?
    Thanks in advance