Sierra Update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WhiteWhaleHolyGrail, Mar 29, 2017.

1. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

Whilst the new update has added some nice features like Night Shift, I am disappointed to note that Apple has still not addressed the UI glitches. I only have minor ones but they detract from my otherwise very happy experience of using the MBP. For instance, when my computer restarts, I get this weird 80's looking red progress bar instead of the monochrome one. This should be simple enough to rectify surely?

2. bartvk macrumors 6502

bartvk

I do this maybe twice a year.

3. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

UI glitches? Weird 80's looking red progress bar? Are these issues limited to the models with the Radeon Pro 455 vs the 460? I have never experienced any glitches on mine with the 460.

4. derohan macrumors member

derohan

I get that occasionally when waking from sleep - 2012 rMBP with (most likely) faulty NVidia chip...
    Switched back to Sierra the other day & it's much better UI wise, still getting the weird graphics glitches tho ^^
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017 ---
    lol gg! - I got into the habit of shutting down when not in use & actually it's just made saving everything that is open muuuuch more effective ;) wish I could solder in 16Gb RAM chips tho :'/
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017 ---
    Still waiting for a top notch dGPU config (2015 model or upcoming 32gb one) keeps inspiring patience in me XD
    Let the testing games begin!