*sigh* back on the case hunt

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by intervenient, Sep 2, 2010.

1. intervenient macrumors 6502a

Started off with the Speck CandyShell. I liked it until the bottom started to ship away, which is where my pinky goes when holding the phone (I'm extremely OCD, and it's managed to latch on to my finger positions :().

Next, wanting to try the phone out naked, I picked up the WaterField Designs suede jacket. This case is really really nice, but I've found that the metal edges of the phone are not comfortable to hold (expecially[sp, firefox has somehow got rid of my right click] with my stupid pinky).

My PixelSkin HD is coming in the mail soon and I hope it helps. Basically, I need a thin case that has a rubberized texture too it (I think TPU would work too).

Any suggestions?

2. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

You won't like the PS HD if you get the revised version.

3. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

One, Speck's customer support is amazing, email them about your case, they'll make you send a picture of it in and they will send out a free replacement.

The Pixelskin HD is a really nice case, Don't belive what all those morons are talking about in that 1 thread. The sleep/wake button is a little hard to press but Speck is saying that it was a bad batch and some one already received a revised version thats fixed.

Other than those If you want a TPU case I say go for the iSkin Solo, I have it in both Carbon and Breeze (Black and light Blue) They are really nice, Very thing but it ads a nice level of protection. They don't interfere with any screen protectors as long as you have them on straight and the camera flash works perfectly. The first batch they sent out a few people had some problems with the sleep/wake button also (but instead of being hard to press like the Pixelskin HD it was always pressing) But just like Speck, iSkin has amazing customer support and they will send you a free replacement if you have this problem.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

5. simple20 macrumors regular

The walmart mercury translucent Incipio NGP is a nice TPU case that has a i nice grippy, like a gritty feel to the back, but its smooth. Theres a few threads on here about it, check it out. And its 19.88.

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Get yourself a belkin gripvue or an iSkin and call it a day.

7. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

I'm still very pleased with my (Frosted Clear) Agent18 ShockBand.

It has a slight rubbery feel, yet it's strong and tough. It leaves my phone as thin on all sides as the "Clear" Belkin Shield Micra. It is also slightly grippy, so it stays in its place nicely on smooth surfaces, such as in the car on my dash or center console.

I paired the phone up with the Zagg Back protector to keep the back glass scratch free.

The Belkin Shield Micra is ok enough, but I don't like how it feels in my hand.

I also have the Incipio Silicrylic in "Black and Yellow" and just picked up the "Red" OtterBox Defender from BB today. Both of which offer great protection, but make the phone more bulky than the two cases I listed above.

On another Note not related to this thread, I think it would be sweet if OtterBox made a "Clear" Defender case.

8. wattsja macrumors regular