-SIGH- I must just..."sigh" at this point.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CJUN26, Jul 21, 2011.

1. CJUN26 macrumors newbie

My situation is: Ever since I upgraded my 15 i5 Macbook Pro 2010, I was experiencing freezing issues from being on Safari or either just iTunes. Then after 20 minutes, the whole computer would be frozen. It'd just be frozen every where you'd click, nothing would open or move. I had to simply press the power button to force it to shut down. Mind you, I've done:

- Reset Safari (all boxes checked).
    - Clear Cache.
    - Ran Disk Utility - Verify/Repair.
    - Reset PRAM.
    Everything I could think of. It wouldn't stop freezing up.

So then today after work, at home, I call the apple number (1-800) one. Two girls helped me but they didn't seem to know what they were doing because my "hard drive" on my laptop is "ruined". I went to my local apple store with my laptop and I told the guy. He turned it on and nothing he could do to run my laptop again. He just simply said "Okay from this point on I don't seem to know what I can do for you. I can send it out for a repair for the hard drive and wipe everything out. Replace your top case for you as well".

My question is: at that point, am I eligible for a replacement for my laptop or what he did is correct? I don't know. So now I'm on my mom's macbook air while my laptop is going to be away from me for 5 to 7 days.

Someone give me your insight.

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

3. Chiuy macrumors 6502

They're mostly repair it.
    Chances are like 1% that they give you a replacement.
    People keep asking for replacement and if everyone ask for a replacement, lets just say Apple will lose profit.
    They only give out replacement for really good reasons.

4. CJUN26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright I guess 5 to 7 days without my own laptop is going to be hell but I hope its for the best haha. I have a question if I decide to sell my macbook pro on amazon. What are my chances? I wanna sell it and then get the new 13" macbook pro i5? What you guys think?

5. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Your chances are great if you sell for cheap, your chances are poor of you're asking a lot.

That's great.

That's great.

6. CJUN26 thread starter macrumors newbie

When Apple Genius bar tells you it takes 5 to 7 days, does it really take that long? Especially when they say they'll replace the hard drive and wipe everything out clean and replace the bottom case.

Is it really really going to take 5 to 7 days? I'm not really complaining in a way. It wasn't my fault this happened.

7. CJUN26 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I sell my macbook pro 15 i5 for $700? Would anyone get it quickly?

8. flipshot macrumors 6502a

5 - 7 days is nothing really, I was without a functioning laptop for 9 weeks until they replaced it.

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

It's life. It's no one's fault. It takes time to repair anything.

Karnak the Magnificent says...

10. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

most likely will take 5 business days