Sigh, it was too good to last.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adamerr, Jul 28, 2008.

1. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

As much as i have tried to protect my new iPhone, it seems the back has fallen prey to those small scratches you only see at a certain angle.
    :(

anyone else have any similar tales of woe?
    :p
    (melodramatic)

2. wrboyce macrumors 6502

Similar, only mine are all over the screen and noticeable from any angle :p

3. adamerr thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamerr

on the screen?
    ouch.
    screen protector?

4. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

:(

Well, I'd expect the 3G to be less vulnerable to scratches than the 1st gen. iPhone, which I have.
    I have a protective case for my iPhone. I have a screen protector, which has worked well, aside from the sticky screen and bubbles.
    But on the back, the phone I have is in good shape. I only have one little scratch and that's it. I've had the phone for 3 months, and I guess it was a good start.
    Since I'm not planning to purchase the 3G iPhone, I actually don't use the protective case anymore.

Scratches happen to everyone eventually. Don't feel alone. It devistated me, especially since I forked over $400 for a piece of heavenly equipment.

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Im using skins from www.istyles.com

Excellent, cheap, looks good, protects from scratches, throw after 2 months!:D

6. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

lol, mine went from factory condition to screen protector and leather case within 10 minutes of being opened. And that 10 minutes was me methodically applying the screen protector to avoid air bubbles :) It hasn't seen daylight since. This is why my electronics have such a high resell value (not counting the whole unlocking thing :))

7. adamerr thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamerr

well, im still waiting for my case to be delivered...
    and waiting...
    and waiting....

oh....
    and waiting.

these scratches are annoying me, so i just keep the fingerprints and smudges on the back of the phone so nobody notices them :p

8. fastgraham macrumors member

I pick mine up today and I already have the case + screen protector ready to go. All mobile devices should be treated the same. Phones, blackberry, digital cameras, ipods, everything.

BTW - i went to AT&T store, for $30, got 2 cases (black and white) and a screen protector. I will have no scratches.

9. slicecom macrumors 68020

None of my devices except for my digital camera have ever been put in ugly cases, and I've never had any issues. Apple made a beautiful phone, to cover it up is just wrong in my opinion, but to each his own.

10. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

I totally agree with this for any other Apple product I own.

However, the iPhone has to live in my pockets. Believe me, anything that lives in my pockets needs some protection. If you know what I mean! :eek:

SNAP!

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Agreed. I have a Marware CEO Sleeve for my iPhone for at work, but other times it has no case. No scratches at all. I don't see the point of buying such a nice looking phone and putting screen protectors and ugly cases on them.

12. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

No, I'm using a gel skin form fitting case to cover the back and chrome bezel and an anti-glare static cling on the front..

13. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

iPhone (White) FTW. :cool:

Sorry .. It had to be said.

R-Fly

14. slicecom macrumors 68020

Tiny scratches > big ugly cracks under the surface. :cool:

Sorry .. It had to be said.

:p

15. OZMP macrumors 6502

only scratches on the apple logo, fingers crossed

16. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have a tiny hairline scratch on the back of mine, 16gb black. It is so minor and can really only be seen in the light. I couldn't care less about it, the phone itself is flawless.