Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
and still there's shortage.

Dear Steve,

it's been a crazy year for Apple, i wanna thank you for all your efforts but the iPhone 4 is not like the iPad which is a new product that you didn't know there would be a huge demand for it.

the iphone has been released 3 years ago and you already know the iPhone 4 would sell like hot cakes.it's been 3 months now and sill there's shortage,is this normal?!

plus, i know you guys create shortage to inflate demand..come on we are not that dumb we all know...so why deny it?!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I think you confused the iPhone forum with Steve's email address,

here you go, sjobs@apple.com

wile your at it, tell them to work faster (how dare they not meet demand)
500x_3foxconn-workers.jpg

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
If you wanted it badly enough you would have gotten it. It's possible. I waited in line overnight and I got mine, along with a thousand or so other dedicated people. Just sayin.

JD914

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Dutchess County NY
If you wanted it badly enough you would have gotten it. It's possible. I waited in line overnight and I got mine, along with a thousand or so other dedicated people. Just sayin.

Pre-ordered mine and picked it up at Best Buy in 25 minutes on release day. You're correct anyone who doesn't have one by now simply hasn't put any effort what so ever in getting one.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
The shortage is in other countries but the US..... Like in Canada where it came out on July 30th and pretty much all stock that arrives that day is sold out before the sun sets.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Well, Uk seems to be fine, know a few people who have walked into shops and just picked one up.

Considering there is TWELVE different versions of the iPhone 4 here (5 carriers, apple, 2 models each) then i really do not think there is a supply issue anymore.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The wait is not that long at all anymore, especially if you order through AT&T.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto

Dear Steve,

it's been a crazy year for Apple, i wanna thank you for all your efforts but the iPhone 4 is not like the iPad which is a new product that you didn't know there would be a huge demand for it.

the iphone has been released 3 years ago and you already know the iPhone 4 would sell like hot cakes.it's been 3 months now and sill there's shortage,is this normal?!

plus, i know you guys create shortage to inflate demand..come on we are not that dumb we all know...so why deny it?!

because you're the only one in the WORLD that has an eye on the iPhone 4 :rolleyes:

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
The shortage is in other countries but the US..... Like in Canada where it came out on July 30th and pretty much all stock that arrives that day is sold out before the sun sets.

I believe the reason for this is because they come unlocked. Easier for people to go to canada to buy an unlocked phone then go to europe.

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
Went to the Apple Store in Sheffield the other week at about 2 in the afternoon and there were people queuing for the iPhone 4 then. I couldn't believe that people still had to queue for ages just to get one.

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
The iPhone 4 hasn't been out for a month in Mexico, it is very hard to get one, they come weekly and they all disappear the same day. I want to get one for my friend before the 30th to get a free case but I think it won't be possible. :(

duction

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
U to the K
still 3 weeks min waiting time for an unlocked iphone 4 in the UK from Source,

but if you want to dodge the unlocked apple store, u can get them within 2 - 4 days on contract with o2, orange etc..

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Here's me showing a picture of my iPhone to some of my great pals in another country

Attachments

• blake-mycoskie-ethiopian-kids1.jpg
    blake-mycoskie-ethiopian-kids1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 465

youngplaya0228

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
I walked into AT&T last week after work, without notice and got one. I didn't even think there was a shortage anymore.

Exact same thing happened to me. RS and Best Buy were out, but walked in an AT&T store, and they had about 5 16GB and 10 32GB ones. Pretty much just bought it on a whim. Maybe you're looking at the wrong places

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
I walked into an apple store and grabbed mine. Didn't know there was a wait.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There

Dear Steve,

ok
CoolStoryBro.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.