sign in ...again? and again?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by soundklinik, Feb 11, 2015.

1. soundklinik macrumors member

Hi all, hope someone can help....

I have a problem with being CONSTANTLY asked to "sign in" even if I signed in a moment ago, keep working on something, put that page in background and/or close the page for a second and when I reopen it I am asked to sign in again with password etc...(Internet pages, Wi-Fi HDD, etc....)
    Really annoying....Is there a way to fix this?
    I have an iPad AIR latest iOS.

Thanks in advance...

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

What are you being prompted to sign into. iCloud?

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

My wife had that problem with icloud. Is it that? It turned out she had the wrong id listed and she wouldn't notice and just put the password in. But the phone would want the other id.

4. soundklinik, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

soundklinik thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for help and excuse me for not being more precise.

This happens with my Emtec WiFi HDD, which I use to browse/copy/download files.

The way it works: AudioShare, (AS) has a http/web browser, which is my Emtec HDD with its own IP address. 10.10.10.254.
    I click on enable external drive in 'AS' and connect to Emtec via http and sign in. Everything is OK, but when I download a music/sample the Emtec goes in background and AS opens with the sample/music D/loaded.

Now when I reopen Emtec in AS...I get asked for PW....that I put in moment ago and never never quit the app....annoying...
    Same with any internet browser, forum, etc... ipad/iOS8 is not capable to store/remember my login, and simply stay logged in...

PS Emtec has a password: EMTEC4567...capital letters..lol read your other post
    PSS iCloud too, but I don't use it, no space left, I use WIFI HDD