- Sep 26, 2018
Hi, I can't remove a "?" icon into dock using normal procedure. I think this icon was related to an app uninstalled.
Hi! yes sure, but when I right click --> options no items appear....so I can't use the remove item...OP wrote:
"I can't remove a "?" icon into dock using normal procedure."
Could you explain what the "normal procedure" you used was?
Was it "right-click --> options --> remove from dock" ??
HI.. eh no.. too easy already tried.....Drag the "?" icon to the Trash bin.
Yes sure, I've removed "the Mac Hub" app.Can you tell us what app you removed -- that the dock icon (formerly) represented?
[doublepost=1537975696][/doublepost]What I would try:
1. Go to home/preferences
2. DELETE all "com.apple.dock" plists (there are several of them).
3. Power down the Mac, ALL THE WAY OFF
5. The dock will need to be re-configured.
"I've removed "the Mac Hub" app"
OK, if nothing's worked so far, I'd try this:
1. Download EasyFind from here:
(it's a small, free app).
2. Open EasyFind, and set it up this way:
- Search for: files and folders
- Operator: phrase
- Comparison: ignore case
- Include: invisible files and folders.
3. In the search box, enter "Mac Hub". (second choice: "MacHub")
4. Click the magnifying glass on the upper right to begin the search.
Does this find anything?