Sign into YouTube but not all google apps

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Galacticos, May 30, 2017.

1. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I recently noticed I was signed into google maps, which isn't my preference, so I signed out. When I opened YouTube, I was also signed out.

When I signed back in to YouTube, I am signed into google maps.

Does anyone know how to stop this linking from happening/sign into one google app without signing into to all google apps and services across my device?

2. singhharjot168 macrumors newbie

singhharjot168

You can deactivate the acoount in your phone setting, all accounts shows there

3. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

You will need to go to the individual Google apps and sign out of them. Google uses some kind of custom account management for their apps.

4. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

Huh?
    --- Post Merged, May 31, 2017 ---
    Signing in/out in one app applies across all google apps

5. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Mine isn't that way. I'm signed into YouTube but not google maps. My account appears on maps when I search and it asks me if I want to sign in, but I'm not signed in.

6. campyguy macrumors 68040

I take a different angle to segregating my Google "stuff". I use both Fluid (paid version for separate cookies/caches) and Epichrome, depending on my needs. I created and use separate Epichrome apps for The Guardian (paid Supporter), YT Red, Vivo, Google Maps, two Gmail accounts, and Weather Underground (paid version). I like both solutions as the created web apps can take advantage of dGPU acceleration and maintain separate cookie/cache folders.

I like Epichrome for some of my preferred web apps because I can install Chrome Extensions (like uBlock Origin and Dark Reader).

I like Fluid for some solutions such as Instapaper as I find Webkit to work better than Blink for some web portals.