Sign that iPhone is not coming to verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckesten, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ckesten macrumors regular

ckesten

I haven't seen this talked about.

I have a number of friends with verizon that have been getting a number of calls a week from verizon lately trying to get them to upgrade and lock into a new 2 year contract.

Is this because vzw isn't getting it? Could it be to deter people from getting the new iPhone in June/July since it could be coming to vzw around sept or so? Not sure that makes sense either because who's going to lock in then a few months later pay full retail for it.

What do you guys make of this?

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

3. mansanas macrumors regular

ya thats business as usual...
    but i think if apple and verizon already struck a deal, they wouldve announced it already.
    apple wouldnt keep it a secret like they usually do with their releases because they wouldnt want people to get locked in 1-2 year contracts before they find out they can get an verizon iphone.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they want to lock people to devices with the high $350 ETF to make sure they're not going anywhere.
    Nothing to do with a future iPhone Release IMO.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

There have been lots of signs that Verizon is not getting the iPhone and no signs that they are.

People will be breaking out their brand new 1st gen verizon iPhones at the premiere of "Avatar II: Unobtanium This"

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

These. +1