Signal Dropping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anandadavananda, Sep 2, 2015.

1. anandadavananda macrumors newbie

anandadavananda

Good Day, Everybody.

I have recently obtained used IPhone 4s and have been encountering the problems since than. Firstly, It started to heat very much during the usage of Mobile data and Wi-Fi, battery was draining very rapidly and reception of Wi-Fi and 3G signal was very poor with frequent drops of Mobile signal. I decided to check the remaining capacity of the battery, It turned out to be 70% and I ordered replacement and after replacing the battery noticed that there was no grounding pin below the battery connector. After some research I learned that this grounding pin is responsible for stability of signal. I obtained one and inserted it accordingly in proper place. Now, During the usage of Wi-Fi I notice NO abnormal heat nor rapid drain. However as for Mobile data, phone still gets very hot and sometimes entirely drops not only 3G but all reception. Can anyone advice, if you encountered such a problem and how can it be solved? And also phone gets hot after long camera usage too. IOS 8.4

Thanks in advance.

2. Newtons Apple, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

How hot is hot. It is quite normal for the iPhone, or any phone, to get heated while in use, especially if you use it for a longer period of time.

If you phone IS over heating it can shut it's self down, to a point, until it cools off.

3. anandadavananda thread starter macrumors newbie

anandadavananda

It becomes way more hotter than while using WI-FI. And Battery drains completely after 3 hours usage of 3G. But what is worse is that it sometimes drops signal, even in places where reception is perfect.