Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Anyone encounter this problem on an iphone X?

when opening apps, there is no signal bars? tested on latest beta version and 11.3.1, still same issue

Attachments

• 29D05C55-11C7-4094-A3C8-C5008D1E7BD8.png
    29D05C55-11C7-4094-A3C8-C5008D1E7BD8.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 379

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Does that happen on all apps?
Does that happen only during launch/open of an app, then is OK later, either while using the app, or after you leave that app?

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Does that happen only during launch/open of an app, then is OK later, either while using the app, or after you leave that app?

happens only during app launch for a brief moment, and its fine later.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
This is normal when launching app and once app fully launch you’ll be able to see the actual signal bars. However, sometimes there’s this tiny glitch, you’ll see the gray signal bars but no actual signal (meaning no shaded dark bars). The fix to that is to force close that app and relaunch it.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
I get this on my iPhone 8 Plus when using the Google Drive app and going back to the home screen. Seems to sort itself out quickly enough.

CrashTestWalrus

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2018
This was a big that was observed by a bunch of people during the testing of 11.3. It is present in 11.4, too. It comes and goes. Usually a reboot gets rid of it for a little bit. I think it’s probably far down the fix list since it’s entirely cosmetic and there are features, like messages in iCloud, that they can’t get working reliably.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
This was a big that was observed by a bunch of people during the testing of 11.3. It is present in 11.4, too. It comes and goes. Usually a reboot gets rid of it for a little bit. I think it’s probably far down the fix list since it’s entirely cosmetic and there are features, like messages in iCloud, that they can’t get working reliably.

It happens to me (as posted above) but only very occasionally, and only when using the Google Drive app.

Maybe Apple knows about the bug but are having trouble tracking it down seen as it's so sporadic?

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011

That is the glitch i was referring to. Yes it comes and goes and does not affect the actual signal strength. Its just a minor eyesore tho. Hope they can at least fix this.

CrashTestWalrus

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2018
It happens to me (as posted above) but only very occasionally, and only when using the Google Drive app.

Maybe Apple knows about the bug but are having trouble tracking it down seen as it's so sporadic?

I’m on a beta again so I can’t comment on exactly how it presents itself in the latest releases version of iOS. In 11.4 I get it in all sorts of different scenarios with no real rhyme or reason to them. Swapping apps using the gesture on an iPhone X where you swipe along the bottom is the most surefire way for me to see it though. Some of the purely cosmetic bugs in iOS have stuck around for long periods of time, though.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I’m on a beta again so I can’t comment on exactly how it presents itself in the latest releases version of iOS. In 11.4 I get it in all sorts of different scenarios with no real rhyme or reason to them. Swapping apps using the gesture on an iPhone X where you swipe along the bottom is the most surefire way for me to see it though. Some of the purely cosmetic bugs in iOS have stuck around for long periods of time, though.

you are on the latest beta? does the prob still exist? its obvious when openings apps

CrashTestWalrus

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2018
you are on the latest beta? does the prob still exist? its obvious when openings apps
Yep, I am on the latest. I just tried a few times to get it to do the no signal bars thing. It didn’t have the issue, I can’t always reproduce it though. So I’m not sure if it’s fixed or just not occurring right now. It could very well be fixed.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Yep, I am on the latest. I just tried a few times to get it to do the no signal bars thing. It didn’t have the issue, I can’t always reproduce it though. So I’m not sure if it’s fixed or just not occurring right now. It could very well be fixed.
able to help monitor and update if it happens?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.