Signal Issue - can someone try this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nem, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Nem macrumors member

Can someone who can easily replicate the signal loss issue try this and see if you get the same results as me. Just go into settings and turn off 3G and then try to see if you loose the signal the same.

In the office here I get full 5 bars on 3G, if I hold the phone in my left hand I can get that to drop down to 1 bar in about 30 - 40 seconds. I don't loose signal totally due to the good signal here generally, but it's clearly showing up the issue.

If I turn off 3G I get 5 bars signal with edge showing, if I then hold the phone exactly the same I get no signal loss at all.

My thoughts are that the phone is not detecting the fast loss of 3G service and switching to the edge signal quick enough. Possibly due to the enhanced signal loss of this external aerial design, so a software fix to make it switch faster could be all it needs.

If anyone can get the same results it would be interesting...

Nick

2. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Funny. I went to exchange my iP4 at the genius bar because of the camera having green spots. The tech asked if I had signal issues and I said no. She checked anyway doing the death grip..lol..and it went down 1 bar from 5 to 4 but not below that. Then she took 3G off and there was no signal loss. I made sure I got one without either problem...it took 3 tries!!

3. MacBone macrumors member

MacBone

I am in an Edge only area (no 3G available). Because of this I leave 3G turned off all of the time. I am still getting the signal loss problem, but it seems like it only happens with certain towers. At work I cannot replicate the problem, but at home it goes from 5 bars to "no service" in about 30 seconds of the death grip.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

not to bust ur bubble but i think this was figured out already, but i give u credit for figuring it out on your own. but i have the same thing happening to me.