Signal issue may also be due to ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeamDNA, Jun 30, 2010.

1. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

I was at ATT and there was this guy talking to the lady about the iphone 4. He had a 3GS and asked if there were problems with the signal because lately in the past week his signal has been weak. and the ATT rep said yes it has been down or something like that.. I think all these extra iphones are really screwing up atts network.. they cant handle them. Which is why we need another carrier..I am still sticking with att though.

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I have an iPhone 3GS with OS 4 and my signal is weaker than it was a couple weeks ago. I now have a few dead spots that weren't that way. I've even had to move where I charge the phone in my house because it is a "No Signal" spot.

3. Johns12 macrumors regular

My wifes 3G with IOS 3.1 has not changed in it's ability to get a signal. My Iphone4 seems weaker than hers at times, but stronger at other times. Haven't been able to figure out why but it seems to me that the ATT signal is the same for her.

4. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

NO it can't be AT&T. I am in France and beleive the issue is the same!

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Quit blaming AT&T for this issue. Yes - no doubt their network is quite busy. But if you bother to look at several threads which report the signal issue you'll note that this is happening around the world - not just on ATT's networks.

6. CH3Z macrumors newbie

Those who have an iPhone here in Norway do not have any problems with their signal as far as I know. They have even tried the ''death grip'' without any success.

7. dmelgar macrumors 68000

The iPhone 4 isn't being sold in Norway yet...

8. xmtgx macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

It's a combination of design, cell provider and software IMO. Not a single thing.

9. dagomike macrumors 65816

Apple can do no wrong!

As others noted, the same problem is seen internationally.

I got my phone on the 23rd and noticed it out of the box on the morning on the east coast. That has to be the leading edge of iPhone 4 activations and still had problems.

Also, if this were true, I'd expect to just have slow data and blocked calls. Not loss signal, but everything running fine when not holding it a certain way.

10. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Exactly.

The iPhone 4 is currently on sale in 5 countries - Norway is NOT one of them.

There have been reports from all of the countries about the problem.

11. TeamDNA thread starter macrumors 6502

No I am not saying its JUST att. i know there are problems with apple/ software.. what i am saying is I believe ATT is a big part of it . due to the millions and millions of more iphones that are going to be EXTRA on its network..

I am an apple fanboy.. but I also dont agree with everything apple does and how they have handled this situation. I do jailbreak my iphone also... I am just saying most users that i have talked to using (3g,3gs,) are noticing weaker signal not just iphone 4 users..

the title says "MAY ALSO" for people saying i am saying apple can do no wrong.. READ THE TITLE

12. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Although Norway is not one of the countries where the iPhone is being sold does not mean that there are no iPhones in Norway.

There were iPhones in all European countries and asian ones as well before they went on sale in those areas. People either bought them on eBay or came to the US or had friends or relatives who were coming to the US to buy them for them.

If the poster says that there have been no reception issues on iPhone 4's in Norway he could certainly be correct.

Replies saying he is wrong in his post are arrogantly incorrect.