Signal Issue: What Will It Take For Apple To Make It Right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slip Jigs, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

We know that Apple is taking this problem very seriously and I believe they will make it right. Whatever the problem is, whether they knew about it, doesn't matter as much now as what will they do about it now?

I think we all want the issue resolved of course, and some may feel entitled to something extra for the inconvenience, which is all valid.

Depending on the problem, I would be happy with whatever solution they came up with as long as it worked. Here are other options - what would it take for you?

1. Free case, Bumper or third party.
    2. Replacement phone
    3. Option of replacement or case
    4. Additional perk such as store credit.
    5. One year of MobileMe or free AppleCare.
    6. Other suggestions.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'd be happy with any of those but free AppleCare or giftcard would make me ecstatic.

3. dgree03 macrumors 65816

dgree03

Replace the phone. Unless that gift card lets me buy a replace antenna band.. or unless it buys a redesign... then I want a replacement. My wife phone is useless as a phone

4. darkip macrumors newbie

Replacement phone without the issue. That's all i'll take or it's a refund.

5. TrojanCMH macrumors newbie

Fix the problem for good. Either with a software update or some kind of recall. People are not gonna be happy if they get some free bumper and all the "newer" iPhone 4's come with some kind of hardware fix or coating on the metal ring. I pre-ordered mine and I haven't had the issues because of the natural way that I hold the phone and even when I try I can't get it to completely drop the signal but when you're Apple, one of the richest companies in the world, you should fix peoples phones and not try to sweep the problem under the rug. We aren't talking about a cheap free with activation phone here... I don't really need anything for free, I love the phone, just want it to work as advertised.

6. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

All I know is I don't want a rubberband to be the fix.

7. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm starting to leanntowards a replacement, unless a software fix will work. At least to have the choice between a new phone or case. Some people will probably just take the case if their problems arentnas bad, or do nothing.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Well according to the email I got from Steve (see front page of MR) - the reception thing is a "non issue"

So - why would they do anything? It's all operator error ;)

Teasing of course...

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, why would anyone accept anything less? A bumper or any of that other crap for a non-working phone is ridiculous.

10. big0mar macrumors regular

I think they should accept returns and offer full refunds. Let everyone go purchase another phone.

11. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

ok.... i'll be the whiney one.... i want the issue fixed with a full replacement... and i want a good will compensation... along the lines of a gift card for the store or itunes (heck.... a year of applecare would be nice but i don't see that happening!)

12. sleyeu macrumors 6502

13. Fuchal macrumors 68020

14. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

They sold nearly 2 million units in a weekend. How many people do you think have complained about it? What %? ;)

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

GLWT.

8.53%

Seriously, how would anyone know this. Any number you get is going to be total conjecture. Only Apple knows this and they’re not going to say.