Signal issue with vapor 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LeeM, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LeeM, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

LeeM macrumors 6502a

I've had one on for a day or 2, not noticed anything major but only have 3 or 4 bars and haven't had full signal since I put it on.
    Will a bit of duct tape over certain parts of the antenna fix it or would the whole thing have to be covered?

2. vtclan macrumors regular

Nooooo duct tape contains metal and is conductive which will worsen the signal. There isnt really anything you can do to remedy this problem except take off the case.

3. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

If you hit Edit > Go Advanced, there's an option to edit the title as well as the post.

As for the case, and this is my opinion only, and not trying to be an ass. But I would want a case that required no modification. Perhaps another case? Sorry, I know it's not much help, just wanted to post about editing the title. Hope your issues get resolved!

4. LeeM thread starter macrumors 6502a

How about some ptfe tape? Non conductive? Is it a simple case of the 2 seperate parts of the bands being joined?
    As far as a little modification goes I really don't mind I really like the case! The graphite metal is a grea contrast with white glass and it feels so solid and secure

5. vtclan macrumors regular

This may be what youre looking for http://theluckylabs.com/iphone-4s-spectra-wrap.html

Even with any sort of material encasing the antennas, signal is still lost because the aluminum acts as a cage. I have the vapor 4 myself with the luckylabs stickers and I still lose reception which is why i dont use it anymore.