Signal Issues in Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guv280984, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Guv280984 macrumors regular

Hey,

Anyone having these signal issues with their iPhone 4's in Northern Ireland?

I have tried everything to get my phone to drop even a few bars in many different locations and I have been unable to do it...

I'm thinking happy days that I have a fully working iPhone 4 :)

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I'm in Bangor, and have so far been to Bangor, Newtownards, Belfast, Lisburn and Portaferry/Strangford with my new iPhone and haven't been able to replicate the issue fully, although it does drop down one or sometimes two bars if I press my palm hard into the bottom left.

I think it's because we have fairly good O2 signal around here, unlike the west of the country. I'm down to Omagh and then Enniskillen later this week, so that'll be an adventure. I've never really got good signal out there.

3. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I haven't had any problems either.
    By the way, did you buy from the Apple Store in Belfast, or somewhere else? Just curious, still wondering if there are faulty 'batches' of phones.

4. Guv280984 thread starter macrumors regular

I bought mine from the Apple Store in Belfast at about 9.30 on launch day :) The Manufacturing was in week in 23 according to the Serial Number...

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I got mine from the online store --- week 24 build. Do either of you know if the Apple Store in Belfast sells the Invisible Shield thing? This is the first iPhone I feel might be a bit fragile. :eek: My 2G and 3G felt a lot more sturdy. I might head up to Victoria Square this afternoon if they sell them.

6. Guv280984 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not sure if they sell those Invisible Shields but you can give them a call and check... 02890 161900

7. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I'm quite sure it's shameful to admit...but I keep their number on my phone. :eek: I might just head up anyway to see what accessories they have, as I'm not doing anything else this afternoon.

8. Guv280984 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool cool... Leave a post later with some of their accessories. I am trying not to put any cover or Invisible Shield on mine as I think it really takes the feel away from the screen. I had a Invisible Shield on my 3G and it made the screen feel so sticky. I had nothing on my 3GS and it was a much better experience and I managed to get no scratches on it either!

9. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

The Zagg Invisible Shields are available from some (but not all) Carphone Warehouse stores.... use their website to call ahead and check stock in your area, save a wasted journey. I called the Omagh store on Friday, they had 4 in stock so I popped over and got one -I haven't had the time/nerve to attempt installing it yet though :eek:

10. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

I got mine in the carphone warehouse in castle court, Belfast.

As to the signal problem, I can make it drop to one bar on 3G or switch to edge if I hold it in my left hand. It has never went to no service and I haven't dropped any calls so far.

11. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

How much do they cost?

I just got back from Victoria Square and they have no iPhone 4 cases at all. :(

12. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

Yes I can make my bars disappear quite easily without the bumper case on.

Bought from O2 Belfast Castle Lane.

13. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

You mean that O2 has the official bumper cases?

14. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

How can you tell what week it was made from the serial number

15. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

They cost £14.99 but CPW are selling iPhone 4 accessories as "buy one, get one half price" so I actually got the Zagg for £7.50 along with a Gear4 case at £19.99.

16. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Awesome, cheers! I'll give them a call in the morning to see if they have any. :)