Signal out of range?????

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MacHappytjg, Jul 29, 2008.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

When i plug my ps3 into my L204WT Lg monitor using dvi it says my signal is out of range which i dont understand since i saw on utube a person using the same monitor with there ps3. whats the problem? anyone?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It means that the output on the PS3 is set to a resolution not supported by the screen. You should see if there is a way to lower the output resolution of the PS3 to something supported by your screen.

Beyond that, he may be connected via VGA, which seems to handle that, or your cable doesn't support the resolution.

TEG

3. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

hmm do u think i can change it from the tv because it was on dvi on a bigger tv and want it in my room. ok yea i put the resoloution back to 420 then when i put it up to my monitor it worked but can only go 720 since u will go blink on 1080 p i belive didnt try i but o well its good not bluryy and smooth now just to figure out what ill use for sound :D

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

What resolution does your LCD support?
    You have to check the res that your LCD can support in the PS3 settings.

Bless

5. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

i got it to work buut the best it can do is 720p but thats way better than 420 so im all good now and my sound problems are cleared.