Signal strength issue resolved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by labman, Aug 6, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

just real quick and simple I have had problems with my cellular antenna strength on my 3gs since day one Apple exchanged the phone. I went to AT&T exchanged my Sims problem appears to be solved, I have waited since yesterday no major signal strength fluctuations. this cost me 20 minutes of my time and $0. Those that are having this issue I would try it regardless of carrier.

oh yeah I took my jail broken phone in all customized AT&T didn't say a word.

2. Cuthbert macrumors regular

Sweet, I might try this. I have to exchange mine for a stuck pixil anyhow.

By the by: Punctuation is your friend. Learn it; love it. :)

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Maybe I'm just an idiot ... How does swapping your SIM change signal strength? I would assume that signal strength is 100% based upon your antenna.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

It's not unheard of. Your sim is the "gateway" to the network. If you have a faulty sim - you're connections could be compromised

5. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

actually

it was one the suggestions made at the Genus bar I just never bothered to fallow up on it. when I explained it to AT&T they didn't bat a eye. I would see so many signal fluxes before I could go from 5 bars to nothing in a blink of the eye. I still watching to see. that's why I wanted to wait a day before saying anything. I am not saying it is a fix just worth trying.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It is worth trying.

It didn't help me, but the AT&T guy knew exactly what I meant and didn't even question me. He just did it.

But apparently that wasn't my problem.