Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evelien1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2019
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have the following problem:

I'm creating a signature for our company.
The signature excists of 2 pictures.
The first is a picture with all personal details of the person sending the email.
The second picture is a commercial banner of one of our products.

The problem is, when I set up the signature in Outlook (Windows) and send it to my colleage (uses Apple Mail) the 2 pictures suddenly overlap.
I asked my colleage to set up a signature in his Apple Mail with the same pictures as I sent him.
When he sends it to me they turn out next to each other. And when he shows his mail on his phone the pictures overlap and one of them even resizes to a smaller size whilst the other stays the same size.

Everything seems to work just fine when using Android/Windows. But whenever using Apple it has these issues... Even when made on an apple in Apple Mail..

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Or am I just overlooking things?

I've tried searching the internet, but I couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Evelien

p.s. see attachments for the pictures.

Attachments

• i-mop XL handtekening small wide.png
    i-mop XL handtekening small wide.png
    522.3 KB · Views: 97
  • VAT handtekening persoonlijk Evelien 96test.png
    VAT handtekening persoonlijk Evelien 96test.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 98

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
In Apple Mail I made a new signature and dragged both images into the signature and then sent it to myself. The signature preview had no overlap and the received email in Mail and Gmail webmail had no overlap. They were one above the other, as expected. I cannot reproduce your problem.

When you send an email Mail lets you choose to resize images. If you let it resize it will shrink the banner as it is almost 2000 pixels wide and 0.5 MB.

Perhaps go into Settings and try to make the signature again?

Reactions: Evelien1990

Evelien1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2019
In Apple Mail I made a new signature and dragged both images into the signature and then sent it to myself. The signature preview had no overlap and the received email in Mail and Gmail webmail had no overlap. They were one above the other, as expected. I cannot reproduce your problem.

When you send an email Mail lets you choose to resize images. If you let it resize it will shrink the banner as it is almost 2000 pixels wide and 0.5 MB.

Perhaps go into Settings and try to make the signature again?

Thanks for your respons!

There must be something we're doing wrong here.. I just can't stand the fact that I can't figure it out..
I'm now resizing the large image, hoping this might work.. XD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.