Signature required for deliveries?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robE89, Mar 25, 2014.

1. robE89, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014

robE89 macrumors regular

sorry to hijack this thread but don't really want to open a new one for a small question:

If i order an macbook pro from the online apple store, do i need to sign it at delivery or anyone from that address can do it in my name ? (i'm from europe and will be payin with my eu CC -> delivery to a friend's house)

[MOD NOTE]
    This was post was moved to its own thread

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My experience is that they don't check who the signer is against the name on the package.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

As long as the delivery address matches the UPS or FEDX documentation, then they won't bother you about it.

I have had issues in the past with the person taking delivery being female and the documents relating to me, but we resolved that over the phone and the drivers know me now.

In short, you should be fine.

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

It is just a normal package with no special legal things attached. They deliver it however the delivery company rules say. Usually they don't even need anybody in your house a neighbor can take the package too and all you get is a notice.

Those deliver guys don't get payed much and are on a rather draconian schedule. They deliver as fast as possible and being to strict on who receives a package would be a big problem for these companies. They only do that on special mail like from courts that is marked to be delivered to a specific person, not some merchandise bought online.

5. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

mailman here, while i don't deliver MacBooks (that i know of!).. i don't car who signs it, as long as the person is old enough, and is in the right house

6. Mikespal macrumors newbie

Signature required for deliveries?

Can confirm that as being true.In our company we have a constant flow of delivery drivers and they are only to pleased to off load their parcels(computers for our I.T. Dept included) Just an illegible signature and any surname will do.:confused:

7. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

I don't think it's your signature they're looking for, it's a signature to prove that they delivered it to someone who received it.

8. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Also, dunno about Europe delivery, but you can download a pre-sign form from Apple, print it out, sign it, and attach it to your door. No one needs to sign it, but the box is left at the door so you consider doing this unless you are in a safe location. I often do this just in case I'm taking a shower when the delivery is made.

9. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I wouldn't dream about leaving a laptop on my doorstep.
    I live in quite a nice neighbourhood too.

Barney

10. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I usually reroute UPS deliveries to the local distribution office. I can go by at 9am and pick up the package and sign for it. That way I don't have to wait at home for a 4 hour delivery window and hope I did not miss the driver.

11. robE89 thread starter macrumors regular