Signature required for delivery??? (SL up-to-date)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macfanboy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

would anyone here know if a signature would be required for the $9.95 purchase from apple? USually packages worth about $10 shouldnt need a signature, but i havent ordered a product from apple that costs less than $10.

Or, for those who have their status as "Prepared for shipment", does it give info on whether a signature is required? (mine still says "Ships: September")

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think all carrier companies asks for signature, no matter how expensive thing they are carrying.

3. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

no, i dont think so. i got a shipment a few days ago and they just left it at the door, never asking for a signature and no pre-sign was on the door

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I think it all comes down to the individual delivering. I came home to find my CS3 order under my doormat. I was pissed because I live in an apartment in a neighborhood of sticky fingered youth/adults.

I have also had to sign for $20 book purchases. Go figure.

Dale

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

How they can just leave it? It's still in their responsibility. Signature is needed usually because when you sign, you take the responsibility of the item (so you can't say that I never got it) plus if it's delivered to wrong address/person and he/she takes it and signs, he can be charged for identity crime (present someone else).