Signature required for iPhone 4 pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jun 12, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

I probably won't be home if they require a signature, in the past I'd leave a post it note on the door with my signature on it instead for packages. Would this work? I don't have time waiting for UPS to come a next day and then having to drive out to the hub to pick it up. Thanks.

2. Brisby macrumors newbie

Yeah you should be fine with a signature like you have done before. I dont believe Apple would change their policy, it's the same for everything they ship. I'm just hoping Apple does the free shipping and delivers on launch date.

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i will say this it all depends on your relationship with your ups/fedex driver. i got my 3gs delivered and yes it said sig required but the driver just left it right at my door.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

You can also obtain a signature release form from FedEx. I filled one out a long time ago and never have to worry about signatures with delivered items.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That has nothing to do with your relationship. That's a lazy driver that doesn't care about their job. If a driver leaves a signature-required package with no signature or authorization form, they should be fired. And the only way the system would allow it to happen is if he forged a signature/authorization, in which case he's in even more trouble. Honestly, shipping companies do not mess around when it comes to that stuff.

7. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

the driver knows me he knows the neighborhood he knows nobody will mess with the packages

8. TheBearman macrumors 6502

I don't know about the iPhone but my iMac required a signature even with the FedEx release on file. There is an option that a shipper can select which will override the release.

Having said that, I don't believe Apple does the override for smaller items which might include the iPhone (even if it's worth up to $600). Guess we'll see when they start shipping.

9. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

I general FedEx requires a signature more often than UPS. So if FedEx I would say it's likely needed.

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

That doesn't matter. Policy states that signature is required. What if the company that sends it wants proof that it was signed for?

Anyway, you can obtain a signature release form from Apple at the checkout process.

11. Built macrumors 68020

Fedex always requires a signature from me...UPS gives their drivers more latitude to ignore the signature requirement.

12. Galvatron macrumors member

If the value is claimed at more than $250 UPS has to have a sig whether you leave a note or not. I live way out in the country on a dead end road and have a good relationship with my driver, but rules are rules and if the package is claimed with a $250 value or more, he can't leave it.

I'm hoping that he leaves my iphone today since I too will not be home. He has given me a pad of UPS infonotice slips that have an area to sign off if you want him to leave a signature required item.

I hope it's here tonight!

13. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

14. TyG8 macrumors regular

Same here. UPS guy rang the doorbell and left it right on my doorstep.

15. a3silver macrumors member

My FedEx premier order was also just dropped at the door, no sig required..

16. ryank808 macrumors regular

I'm hoping this will work for me. I'm going to be at work so I'm leaving a note saying "FedEx/UPS - Please leave package on shoe rack, Thank you"

17. adub83 macrumors newbie

I'm warning you guys now, I left the FedEx Release Authorization sign on my door, signed and all, and they did not leave the package. I'm in WTF mode right now.

18. iLisa777 macrumors member

It took me a couple of minutes to get to the door and when I did get there, the driver was starting down the stairs . . . he turned around a picked my phone up from where he left it inside the screen door. He wasn't waiting around for a signature. :confused:

19. adub83 macrumors newbie

My situation is getting uglier by the minute. So FedEx calls me and I tell them I left the authorization page on the front door, but they pretty much said, so what, we're not leaving an iphone4 on your door step.

Then the ladies goes do you know Lisa Blank??? Apparently she signed for my phone, WTF!!!! They're trying to track it down.

20. Galvatron macrumors member

Sometimes it depends on the neighborhood. Some areas have problems with lost/stolen packages.

21. dave.h.3g macrumors member

i was surprised today when the fedex driver left the package at the door with a slight knock, no signature no nothing