Signature required?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbplayer5, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Will the shipments require a signature? If so, cant you just call FedEx with your info and have them not require one? I know UPS allows that.

Thanks.

2. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Go to your order info on Apple.com and hit the "pre-sign" link. Fill it out, tape it to the door.

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Its in your Apple order status. Be sure to release to a neighbor you trust. Don't pre-sign and leave the package out front. That just spell out trouble. If it is missing or stolen, Apple will not cover, it's in the fine print.

"I understand that, in so doing, I assume the risk of any loss, theft, or destruction, and release Apple and its carriers from all liability that may result from, leaving the package where I have indicated on the Shipment Release Authorization form."

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

5. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Here, I've attached a PDF of the FedEx Shipment Release Authorization form. Just fill this out with all of your info and leave it taped to your door. :)

Attached Files:

6. bgribin macrumors regular

My emphasis added. LOL.

And believe it or not, some people do live in safe enough places where their delivery could be left on their doorstep without any potential threat of theft. Imagine that!