Significant drop in battery life

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ocean1286, May 27, 2015.

1. Ocean1286 macrumors newbie

Last night I did a factory restore on my iPhone and Apple Watch. Today I'm noticing my Apple Watch has experienced a sudden drop in battery life. I took the watch off the charger at 7am. I've only used the watch moderately and the battery is down to 4%.

Any ideas what could be causing this drop? I'm stumped as I no longer have any third party apps on my phone. I did start using the modular watch face for the first time today. Could that be the problem?

2. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

My battery was much worse the first couple of days I had it, but of course at the time I had assumed I was just playing with it more. But looking at my usage patterns now vs. then, I wonder if there's something internal that the Watch does when it's "new." Maybe it's communicating with the phone a lot? I ran mine down to zero the 2nd day I had it, and now I'm usually in the 30's, sometimes 40's at the end of the day, and I don't think my usage is THAT drastically different.

This is all extremely unscientific and based on the notoriously unreliable human brain.

3. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

I'm currently down to 8%, and I had to give it a quick 5 minute charge in order for me to do 30 mins exercise.
    I'm putting this down today to the OmniFocus app just hanging on me since the last OF update, as I've been putting it on charge overnight with at least 30% left each night since I got it last week.

Should add, I've been using the modular watch face since I got mine, no issues aside from today with that (38SS).

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Day 1 w/ my new 38mm and battery life has completely SUCKED. From 11AM to 3PM, I went from 57% to 9% and I wasn't even playing with it much. I was getting way better battery life on my 42mm. From 7AM to 10PM, I would only be down to around 30%, with the same usage. I guess it'd take a few days for the battery to get better. I have yet to charge it. I'll monitor it over the next few days and fully charge it tonight.