Significant reduction in scroll lag after fresh install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fynd, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Fynd macrumors 6502

Just wanted to chime in on my experience with this. I had learned to live with the scroll lag, as I spend most of my time docked to a TBD anyway, but was still annoyed by it. Especially considering facebook and the verge are 2 of my most visited sites.

Last night I decided to do a fresh install of ML (formatted the drive, then download/install). I previously had ML installer over ML DP4, over Lion. The main reason I chose to do so was that i was having issues with power nap and read this could resolve them, and also because I'd heard of people just having generally better performance on a clean install.

I'm happy to say that as of now my scroll lag has been reduced almost entirely. It's very, very noticeably reduced. The main pages I used to check are Facebook.com and Theverge.com, my 2 main sources of the lag. This is on the HD4000 and running off battery, in Safari 6.

2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Funny, I don't have the scrolling issue with my MBP, but my MBA is showing signs of slow shutdowns and erratic web behaviour....I did three over the top installs...I guess it won't kill me to wipe my Air and perform a clean installation.

You might just have convinced me:)