Significant slowdowns on my Macbook Air 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by d3vilsadvocate, Jul 18, 2012.

1. d3vilsadvocate macrumors newbie

Hey all

I have a 2011 11 inch MBA with 1,6GHZ i5 processor, 128GB SSD and 4GB of Ram. All of a sudden my MBA started to feel really sluggish when browsing and while doing pretty much anything else. The bootup process takes longer than usual (I think I could partially fix this by doing a SMC reset), and doing a full OSX restore (with erasing the SSD prior to that) did not help at all.

When I click on a message in Apple mail it now takes up to a second to load that message. Scrolling on websites such as Engadget or TheVerge with Chrome is a real pain. Usually I can't start scrolling at all until more complex pages are fully loaded. But scrolling down a site like Engadget remains choppy unless I've scrolled up and down a couple of times. There is enough free RAM and the CPU is not used by anything else other than Chrome...

Does anyone know what's going on here?
    Could people with the same MBA tell me if:

-their Email shows up really quick or takes almost a second to load?
    -they also have to wait like forever to start scrolling down a page like Engadget.com when they are using chrome?
    -if the scrolling lags like crazy on Engadget.com/TheVerge.com once the page is fully loaded? Also the current steampowered.com page is not as fluid as it used to be, but it's not as bad as engadget.

Is there anything else I could test to see if my MBA is running slower than before or if it's just me acting like a drama queen? :D

Thanks. Any input or help is highly appreciated!

2. d3vilsadvocate thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like I hit the wrong key combination to do a SMC reset. Now things are back to normal speed, it's kinda ridiculous actually...

But thanks for reading :D