Signing documents

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by thedon1, Sep 17, 2015.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I've just inserted a picture into an e-mail and noticed the markup feature and it's handy ability to insert a signature that i've drawn with my finger or stylus onto the pic.

Can I also do this in a PDF or a pages document? I've not seen it but it may be hidden in there somewhere.

2. nben44 macrumors newbie

Yes, you can. When you open the pdf at the bottom of the screen is an icon that looks like a briefcase. It'll open the pdf in a new window and you can fill in empty fields as well as insert your signature (which can be resized after inserted).

3. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Within what app?

4. nben44 macrumors newbie

Mail - markup. I added screenshots so you can see. If someone sent you the pdf when you edit/markup it automatically creates an email to reply to the person that sent it to you (I hope that makes sense) image.png image.png image.png

5. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Now that is an awesome feature, thanks. Comes in handy if someone needs your signature and you don't want to fax/mail the document.

6. nben44 macrumors newbie

Really comes in handy if you have to fill out stuff on the go as well! No longer have to be at a computer!!

7. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the screenshots. That really is a great feature. I think markup and iCloud drive will really be the final steps some users needed to use an iPad as a laptop replacement.

8. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can these PDF's then be saved in iCloud drive?