Signing up with Verizon without purchasing plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xyphr3, Mar 17, 2012.

1. xyphr3 macrumors member

I have a White 32gb Verizon iPad. When I go to settings, cellular data, view account, it wants me to register. The only options it gives me is a RECURRING plan option. I don't even want to purchase a plan now, but I think I should register with Verizon. How have y'all registered with Verizon? My google search didn't come up with anything helpful. Can y'all help? Thanks.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

You don't need to register with Verizon until you want to purchase a data plan. When you do, they want you to sign up to a recurring plan, but note that you can cancel it at any time.

3. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

^
    This

4. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

But does cancelling it void out the time I just bought or does it just prevent future charges? And does it work the same way with both carriers?

5. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

I know from experience on AT&T ones it gave you the option to cancel altogether right then or at the end of your billing cycle.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't know for sure since I haven't tried it. On Verizon, it is set to recur on the same day each month. I believe they recommend canceling it at least 2 days before the renewal date, so that suggests to me that they will simply keep your plan active until it expires.

I believe it is the same with AT&T.

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Actually, I just found out that AT&T is different. The moment it goes live you can cancel it and you still have access to the amount of data you purchased for the next 30 days.