Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xyphr3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I have a White 32gb Verizon iPad. When I go to settings, cellular data, view account, it wants me to register. The only options it gives me is a RECURRING plan option. I don't even want to purchase a plan now, but I think I should register with Verizon. How have y'all registered with Verizon? My google search didn't come up with anything helpful. Can y'all help? Thanks.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
You don't need to register with Verizon until you want to purchase a data plan. When you do, they want you to sign up to a recurring plan, but note that you can cancel it at any time.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
You don't need to register with Verizon until you want to purchase a data plan. When you do, they want you to sign up to a recurring plan, but note that you can cancel it at any time.

But does cancelling it void out the time I just bought or does it just prevent future charges? And does it work the same way with both carriers?

Bobby.e

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
Kansas
But does cancelling it void out the time I just bought or does it just prevent future charges? And does it work the same way with both carriers?

I know from experience on AT&T ones it gave you the option to cancel altogether right then or at the end of your billing cycle.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

I don't know for sure since I haven't tried it. On Verizon, it is set to recur on the same day each month. I believe they recommend canceling it at least 2 days before the renewal date, so that suggests to me that they will simply keep your plan active until it expires.

I believe it is the same with AT&T.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
I don't know for sure since I haven't tried it. On Verizon, it is set to recur on the same day each month. I believe they recommend canceling it at least 2 days before the renewal date, so that suggests to me that they will simply keep your plan active until it expires.

I believe it is the same with AT&T.

Actually, I just found out that AT&T is different. The moment it goes live you can cancel it and you still have access to the amount of data you purchased for the next 30 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.