Signpost_Notificationd in Console

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Marcopolo53, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Marcopolo53 macrumors regular

Since upgrading from 10.13.3 Supplemental to full version 10.13.4 the Console is getting overloaded with error messages about signpost_notificationd. The process is at root level.
    Anyone else experiencing same? Is there a fix and if so how?

2. Marcopolo53 thread starter macrumors regular

FYI - did a full erase and clean install of 10.13.4 from bootable install disk and still the same console error message occur overwhelming console.

3. FriPilot macrumors newbie

I'm seeing this same error. It occurs at the top of the hour when my computer won't respond for a minute or so.
    I also re-installed the OS just today. No help, still getting the error message and the freeze-up.

4. Marcopolo53 thread starter macrumors regular

Temporary Solution >> open activity Monitor >> search signpost_notificationd >> Note amount of Memory used by this process >> FORCE QUIT signpost_notificationd >> wait a bit >> note memory drops>> close Activity Monitor >> open Console. Should not see the error messages about signpost_noticicationd. This temporary solution will ONLY work until the next cold boot or restart.
    Apple has been aware of this issue since April 4, 2018 when I reported and uploaded via App they sent me, Uploaded for a week and never had any followup so what is next I do not know. Seems connected to the re-write of Metal2 for 10.13.4 to support eGPU