Signs of imminent updates?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacinDoc, Apr 26, 2007.

1. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

I just noticed that refurbished Macs are completely cleared out of the Apple Canada store and almost completely gone from the U.S. store.

Is it possible that they are making way for the current models in the refurb sections?

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

There is rather little correlation actually.

Core Duo MBs and MBPs are selling in the refurb store way after the C2D update was released.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

No, and this has been brought up before. The supplies of refurbished models are finite so it is inevitable for them to run out as people buy them. Generally it is best to check early in the mornings when Apple has re-stocked the refurbished store.

4. c.joe.go macrumors regular

c.joe.go

wow. this topic is brought up way too often.

no this is not a sign.

5. MacinDoc thread starter macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

I agree with the reasoning in the above posts; I just found the fact that ALL refurb models disappeared from the Canada store at the same time a tad suspicious. I visit the store almost daily to look for a refurb 24" iMac, and there were at least a dozen models available the last time I checked...

6. jng macrumors 65816

jng

It's not suspicious. You guys are just jumping the gun.

When they're all gone, it just means short on a finite supply. The fact that updates are long overdue is a coincidence.

I bet if they ran out right after updates or in the middle, people wouldn't post these silly posts.