Signs of new Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by kave, Jan 16, 2014.

1. kave macrumors regular

I just went in to the app "Remote" on my wives iPhone 5.
    My Apple TV showes up two times after I added "Home Sharing". One with the normal icon to the left in my screenshot, and one more rectangular on the right.
    When selecting the Apple TV for the first time it also zooms in and shows a larger screenshot, number two below.

Attached Files:

2. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

The original Apple TV was rectangular just like that too, so I wouldn't read anything into it.

3. cynics macrumors G3

Probably reading too far into it. Knowing Apple a new AppleTV will come out then 6-8 months later a new remote app will come out.

You'll hear something in rumors a few weeks before an Apple event before you start seeing app updates.

4. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

I saw the same thing this evening when I opened Remote app to pause the music on my iMac upstairs. We currently have two Apple TVs, a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen. The third gen was the one that showed up twice, one with the more rounded corners icon (current design), one with the squarer/less rounded corners icon.
    The additional icon looked so much like my original Apple TV that I thought for a moment that somehow it had been moved from being at my parents' house in a cupboard and added to our network!

Very curious…

5. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Yeah that's the icon that the 1st gen Apple TV uses. Good eye though. ;)